Business and Government
SMC finds solutions to problems. Consulting services always begin by engaging senior managers to create a vision, mission, goals and policies for strategic management. The process begins by identifying what the organizational values and its ethics regarding the Triple Bottom Line of environment, economy, and social equity. Next, tactics and processes will be designed to meet strategic goals that are derived through an assessment. Finally, a sustainable management system policy and procedure for the company will be provided to communicate the organizations expectations of stakeholders. After the planning stage is completed, SMC will be available to help manage the change and even implement your goals. This process will create a mindset and culture of sustainability within the organization that exceeds the expectations of stakeholders.
The bottom line is sustainability management will save you money. Sustainable businesses understand their impacts on the natural environment, society, and the economy and design tactics to reduce negative impacts and enhance positive impacts. Sustainability management is a transformation and a long-term journey that builds an organizational culture of social, economic and environmental responsibility. Learn More
Services For Business And Government:
Consulting services always begin by engaging senior managers to create a vision, mission, goals and policies for strategic management. The process begins by identifying what the organizational values and its ethics regarding the Triple Bottom Line of environment, economy, and social equity. Next, tactics can quickly be designed to meet strategic goals and formulate a sustainable management system policy and procedure for the company. Finally, training and education services will be provided for a successful implementation of tactics into operations. The goal will be to create a mindset and culture of sustainability within the organization that exceeds the expectations of stakeholders.
The external environment will also need to be assessed. Organizational success will depend on collaboration upstream and downstream throughout the supply chain. Sustainability management assesses inputs and outputs within the span of control of the organization and also external collaboration with third party entities. Tactics will be designed to use closed loop management systems and understand environmental impacts through life cycle assessment. First, reduce inputs and outputs, reuse any resource possible, and finally recycle any resource instead of sending it to landfill.
Outcomes And Deliverables Of An Assessment Will Include:
- How the organization is already moving toward sustainability in respects to social, environmental and economic responsibility
- A strategic vision and mission statement that encompasses Triple Bottom Line
- Sustainability Management System policy and procedure
- Assessment of social impacts
- Assessment of economic impacts
- Assessment of environmental impacts, such as energy consumption, waste management, water management, and pollution risks or abatement
- Life cycle assessment practices to reduce, reuse, and recycle natural resources
- Proposals for short, medium, and long range target goals
- Tactics to align business units for systemic change
- Metrics to measure sustainable progress
- Project management to implement proposals by licensed professionals
- Communication tools and marketing messages that clearly demonstrate your values
- Training materials or sessions to build awareness to ensure employee success
- Change management and long-term motivation
- Sustainability reporting to accompany or integrate into your financial statements
- Marketing and public relation strategies
- Environmental Preferable Purchasing Policy
- Scorecard methodology to select suppliers and contractors
- Partnerships with nongovernmental and governmental agencies to collaborate on solutions as a community
Building Sustainable Communities
SMC will create regional strategic plans to manage environmental, economic, and social impacts with your community’s key stakeholders. Local community’s benefit by working together to solve regional issues with the smartest business, governmental, and citizens in your local area. Our goal is to bring value to your community through economic development, entrepreneurship and innovation, doing business with local vendors to keep revenues in the community, land and development planning, renewable energy planning, workforce development, community growth planning, and waste and recycling solutions. Communities that work together thrive together.